ISO 17025 - Accredited Laboratory
Calibration laboratories are used to ensure that the measurements made by the manufacturer are valid and traceable to national or international standards.
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is the international standard used by testing & calibration laboratories, initially issued by the International Organization for Standardization in 1999 and subsequently published in 2001 & later on revised in the year 2005.
ISO 17025 incorporates all the ISO 9001 requirements that are relevant to the scope of testing and calibration services as well as specifying the technical requirements for technical competence. ISO/IEC 17025 focuses on the laboratory competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations. ISO/IEC 17025 provides guidance to owners and operators of laboratories on both quality management in a laboratory environment and technical requirements for the proper operation of a testing laboratory.
The standard is widely used as a quality system in environmental, food, chemical and clinical testing laboratories.
ISO 17025 – It's Key Benefits
- National & International recognition, Recognizes the technical competence of laboratory staff,
- Assures the client that results are technically valid,
- Provides comparability in measurements, Decision makers can rely on test result Improves staff motivation,.
- Ensures better support in the event of legal challenge.
- To assist in the development of the new programs.
- To reduce technical barriers in trade.
- Saves money by getting it right time.